Saturday, November 9, 2013

Sunday November 3, 2013

Blog has been delayed due to computer crashing.  We were able to restore the internet after visiting a Verizon store this past Thursday.  It is still debatable whether or not we will need a new computer.  Right now we have lost all the prior photo files.  We are hoping to be able to restore them when we get home.

Sunday, November 3, we drove to Garfield, about 35 miles from camp, to meet with my father's relatives...the "Konecny" cousins... at Barcellona's Italian restaurant on Harrison Ave.  It has been in business for about 75 years, and my cousin Anne Rose said it was a favorite hang-out when she was in high school.  My sister-in-law, Bev, who grew up in Garfield, also remembers going to it.

There were 15 of us.  Anne's brother, John, was supposed to come, too, but he was recovering from oral surgery.  We had a very lively visit, although it was much too short.  Below are photos of the family, but unfortunately, for some reason, neither Bob nor I got a photo of the very pregnant, Amanda, who will be having her second daughter in a few weeks.
My dad's niece,  Anne Rose, her daughter, Sherri, and me
Amanda's husband, Adam, entertaining his niece, Madlyn, daughter Alexa, and Madlyn's sister, Morgan.
 
My cousin, Judi and me.  She is my father's great niece, who has been a kindergarten teacher at Garfield Elementary for 40 +- years.
Anne Velicky, my father's niece and Judi's mother, Judi, and me
Kelly, one of the twin daughters of my father's nephew John (Anne Rose's brother) and her youngest imp, Madlyn.
Morgan and her Auntie Anne Rose
Kelly's husband, Ray..on the left their niece, Alexa, then daughters Morgan and Madlyn.
                                                          Judi's son, Dean, and me.
                                                               Brian, Judi's husband, and me
                                                                      Brian and Bob
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment