Thursday, August 2, 2018

Long Time Friends Pay a Visit - June 2018

Our friends Paul and Jay had been promising to pay us a visit, and the weekend after we helped my brother move, they did come.  They had just spent a week with their family at a cabin in Helen, GA.  When they realized they were only about an hour away from us, they came for the weekend before heading home to Calabash, NC, instead of coming later in the summer as originally planned.  Unfortunately, neither Jay nor Bob were feeling 100% so we decided to just hang out instead.
Jay and I have been friends since 8th grade.
Here Paul and Jay are toasting with Padron tequila in honor of the golden anniversary of Jay's and my epic 10,000 mile journey across the United States from Jersey to California.  I haven't had tequila since 1968 when Jay and I both experienced the worst hang over ever, so I had to pass on this toast!  If all goes well, we will connect again in September when we go to Calabash.

No comments:

Post a Comment