Friday, June 3, 2011

Long Lost Cousins

Thursday evening, we were invited to visit family I hadn't met before, and didn't even know I had until my father passed away two years ago:  my father's nephew, John Konecny (my dad's nephew--the son of one of my father's brothers, John), John's wife, Nancy, their twin daughters, Amanda and Kelly, Amanda's husband, Adam, their 21 month old daughter, Alexa, Kelly's husband, Ray, and their two daughters, Morgan (4) and Madalyn (13 months).  We met at Kelly & Ray's gorgeous home in Denville.  Even though it was the first meeting, I had a few email conversations with Kelly and Nancy, and Bob and I felt very much at home.  It happened to be John & Nancy's 38th anniversary, but Nancy spent most of it cooking!  She did get a chance to celebrate with a martini, prepared especially for her by Adam. It was a great evening...delicious food, wonderful company, lots of laughter, and lively entertainment provided by the three little girls.
Kelly and Ray's home
John, Amanda, and Alexa
 Ray and Morgan
Madalyn
Adam is standing in the back talking to Kelly
By Morgan's request, a picture of "just the girls": Alexa, Amanda, Morgan, Kelly, Madalyn, Nancy & I
"The girls" plus John & Bob


 



No comments:

Post a Comment